Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: $5 meals

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    $5 meals

    Just got back from running to Little Caesars to pick up "$5" pizza...didnt these things used to be $5 even? Now its $5.55 plus tax which made it $6.16 then you got Subway advertising their big special, any footlong sub for $5...well, went there the other day got me a good ol subway melt, get up there to pay for it and its $7.09. I'm like what about the any sub for $5 deal? And they tell me that it no longer goes for EVERY sub only certain ones. What the hell man?? Quit advertising these deals if ya aint gon stick by em.
    "Why so serious?"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    Earlier on they did change the Subway deals to $5 for only certain footlongs, but I saw a commercial just this week that said any footlong was $5 - so I thought they had brought the special back.

    I guess it's been a few months since I bought a pizza from Little Caesars, but when I did it was $5 even, $5.55 with tax.
    It's still a fairly decent bargain at $5.55, but who here remembers when you ordered from Little Caesar's you automatically got TWO pizzas ("Pizza Pizza")

    The thick crust pizza is no longer $6 either.. they "changed the crust" and that jacked it up to about $8 for a pepperoni pizza.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    Before I'll pay 8 bucks for a pizza that isn't better than Digornio's,I'll get a better one at Pizza Hut for not much more.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    Oh man do I miss the days of "Pizza Pizza." I don't know how Little Ceasars gets away with still running that as its catch phrase. That's like false advertising or something now. You don't get "Pizza Pizza" you barely get pizza. The last time I ate pizza from there, not my choice, it was hard and barely any toppings. Maybe I was just there at on a bad day, but I'll stick to Pizza King and Papa John's.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    first of all i didnt even know little ceasars was still around

    secondly to even call that pizza is an embarassment to real pizza everywhere

    dominos, pizza slut, litte ceasars, papa johns.......its all garbage

    i love me some dominos after a long night of drinking as much as the next guy.......but lets face the facts.......it isnt "pizza"
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    Pizza Hut is the jam around here, it runs a close third behind Roma's #1 and Romano's #2.

    We don't have the luxury of many pizza places around here. Just a couple of chains and hometown restaurants. IMO, nobody in this area can touch Roma's unless I am forgetting someone.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: $5 meals

    Way back in history, there used to be a place about 6 blocks from where I lived in Dayton, small place family owned. They still spoke the Italian , food was killer. Never found anything close. 2 blocks down was a place called "Charlie's imports" had just imports, you might hear 2 or 3 different languages in a trip. But back before EVERYTHING was a chain, food was much better.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    I had a pizza from ocean city, maryland last weekend.. it couldn't fit inside my cousins Chevy Avalanche.. we had to put it in the bed of the truck.. it was huge.. it's the largest pizza I've ever seen..

  9. #9
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: $5 meals

    If you really want a good pizza, find a good Greek restaurant. They really know how to make a pizza. Afterall, the Greeks were the first to make pizza.

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: $5 meals

    Bella's in Abingdon has the best pizza in Southwest Virginia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •